Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baseball America's Pastime?

Since I would think maybe the 1950's America's pastime was always considered baseball. You could imagine the crowds absolutely jam-packed and everyone shouting for their team. I think with that said, and coming to Japan I think we have it all backwards. Japan seems to have the grip on baseball. It doesn't make as much as American baseball, but all in all Japanese baseball is incredibly popular. In my classes I've seen some documentaries based just around high school baseball talking about going to their biggest game ever, and even just being high school the same thing with the crowd its packed and loud! Another example is just at the school I now go to, Kansai Gaidai. They have a baseball team and I can't remember a day when I went to school in the morning and left at night seeing all the baseball players training. On that same way to school is also Komatsu's factory. Komatsu wants to keep its employees happy and with that they even have their own baseball field on the company grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment